International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: M&E Specialist
Department/Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Full Time, Long Term Employee
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation specialist to design methodologies and guide technical activities for the USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA). AMELA will provide performance management information that allows USAID Afghanistan to integrate evidence based results and best practices into its programming and to effectively manage for results. Key program focus areas include: agriculture, gender, economic development, infrastructure, democracy and governance, health and education that fall under four components:
1. Evaluation Technical Support Services
2. Monitoring Technical Support Services
3. Learning and Adaptive Management Services
4. Program Support Services
Afghani nationals are encouraged to apply
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Providing technical expertise on monitoring and evaluation activities;
• Managing the team’s activities in conjunction with Chief of Party;
• Responsible for quality control and timely delivery of evaluation and assessment services and products.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive experience in building and leading strong evaluation and assessment teams and performing relevant quality control and editing;
• Excellent skills in project management, teamwork and teambuilding;
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline;
• Good writing skills, with extensive report writing experience;
• Excellent communications, both oral and writing.
• Minimum of 10 years implementing monitoring and evaluation USAID funded projects in fragile/conflict environments, specifically the MENA region;
• Good working knowledge of USAID Evaluation Policy and evaluation reporting requirements;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the MENA region;
• Proven experience working in conflict environments, (Afghanistan preferred);
• Minimum of 10 years conducting, implementing and managing USAID funded evaluations;
• Demonstrated knowledge of monitoring and evaluation data analysis methods and techniques.
Education: Advanced degree in International Development, Social Administration or Science, Political Science or a related field.
Working Environment: Corporate office environment as well as field work.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel is requied.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.