International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Chief of Party
Department/Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Regular, Full Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Chief of Party to lead the monitoring and evaluation activities for the USAID/ Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA). AMELA will provide performance management information that allows USAID Afghanistan to integrate evidence based results and best practices into its programming and to effectively manage for results. Key program focus areas include; agriculture, gender, economic development, infrastructure, democracy and governance, health and education that fall under four components:
1. Evaluation Technical Support Services
2. Monitoring Technical Support Services
3. Learning and Adaptive Management Services
4. Program Support Services
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Providing technical guidance and overall team leadership;
• Managing the team’s activities;
• Ensuring that all deliverables are met in a timely manner;
• Serving as a liaison between the USAID and the evaluation/analytic team;
• Leading briefings and presentations;
• Provide oversight and contractual guidance on overall project compliance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive experience managing and supervising monitoring and evaluation teams;
• Excellent skills in project management, leadership, teamwork and teambuilding;
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline;
• Good writing skills, with extensive report writing experience;
• Excellent communications, both oral and writing;
• Advanced interpersonal skills, including experience successfully interacting with host government officials, civil society partners, and other stakeholders;
• Excellent skills in planning, facilitation, and consensus building.
• Minimum of 10 years leading monitoring and evaluation USAID funded projects in fragile/conflict environments, specifically the MENA region;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the MENA region;
• Proven experience working in conflict environments, (Afghanistan preferred);
• Minimum of 6 years conducting, implementing and managing USAID funded evaluations;
• Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures.
Working Environment: Corporate office environment as well as field work.
Education: Advanced degree in International Development, Social Administration or Science, Political Science or a related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel is required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.