International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for the USAID-funded Regional Intergovernmental Organizational (RIGO) Strengthening System project. This is a full-time, long-term position based in Nairobi. RIGO will provide institutional capacity-building assistance to three intergovernmental institutions: the East African Community (EAC, based in Arusha, Tanzania), the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA, based in Lusaka, Zambia), and the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD, based in Djibouti) IBTCI will utilize USAID’s Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) model of structured and integrated processes that aims to identify and address fundamental causes of organizational performance gaps.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provide expert technical advice and assistance related to M&E and its function related to RIGO HICD activities.
• Review and analyze programs and activities and recommend methodologies for evaluations and the delivery of evaluation products relating to the RIGO performance assessments.
• Provide HICD training to RIGO M&E staff to strengthen IBTCI RIGO related M&E activities.
• Design methodologies and draft all reports for required M&E activities as required for the IBTCI RIGO Office.
• The M&E Specialist will be responsible for supporting all activities related to evaluation services and for ensuring production and completion of quality reports;
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills for collaborating with government agencies;
• Extensive working knowledge of at least one of the RIGOs (EAC, COMESA, or IGAD) is preferred;
• Prior experience collaborating with inter-governmental organizations;
• Full understating of the methodologies and approaches to M&E.
• Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, specifically as they relate to monitoring and evaluation.
• At least 5 years of relevant prior experience conducting performance assessments, developmental evaluations and monitoring of projects and programs in East Africa.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience conducting M&E for intergovernmental organizations or similar institutions;
• 5 year experience working in the East Africa region.
Working Environment: Corporate office environment as well as field work.
Education: Advanced degree in statistics, economics, evaluation sciences, or a related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel: The position is based in Nairobi but will require extensive travel throughout the East Africa region.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.