International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Research Associate
Department/Location: Global Health, Vienna VA and/or Washington DC
Reports To: Ebola Pillar II MEL Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time, through September 2018
Overview: IBTCI seeks a Research Associate to support the overall implementation of the Ebola Pillar II Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) activities. USAID’s Ebola Pillar II efforts - mitigating second-order impacts including blunting the economic, social and political consequences in the region – covers six sectors: 1) health systems recovery and non-Ebola emergency health services, 2) basic education, 3) agriculture and food security, 4) governance; 5) economic crisis mitigation, and 6) innovation, technology and public private partnerships (PPP).
Ebola Pillar II MEL activities include the following components:
1. Macro-level Evaluations (two performance/process evaluations),
2. Routine Monitoring, including capacity building,
3. Data Quality Assurance (DQA) efforts, and
4. Knowledge Management and Learning (KML)
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Provide assistance to the project staff with all four components of Ebola Pillar II MEL activities.
More specifically, assisting with the following tasks:
• Provide assistance to the senior staff on reviewing baseline and ongoing studies and secondary data and tools.
• Review draft instruments for the quantitative (household, facility, and school surveys) and qualitative (Key Informant Interviews, Focus Group Discussions, Round Tables, etc.) data collection.
• Participate in drafting or reviewing training materials for the data collection staff.
• Assist with any other tasks related to pretesting the data collection instruments.
• Assist with data quality control checks.
• Assist senior staff with checking preliminary data analysis, such as frequencies and descriptive statistics.
• Ensure that the reference library of documents associated with Pillar II activities are well organized and indexed, and support the establishment, improvement, and/or maintenance of filing protocols.
• Assist with documenting indicators used by Implementing Partners (IPs) for routine monitoring and evaluation of Ebola Recovery Activities, Mission-level PMP indicators, and Ebola Pillar II PE outcome indicators.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: Master’s in Public Health, Demography, or a related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.