International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Program Officer
Department/Location: Amman, Jordan
Reports To: COP and DCOP
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: The Program Officer will support operational management and logistics for the Syria Humanitarian Monitoring Project (SHMP) contract held by IBTCI. Her/his work will include liaising with third party monitoring organizations. She/he will also assist the DCOP and COP with translations, day to day monitoring and verification, and administrative tasks.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assist DCOP with project operational management support tasks enhancing the timely implementation of IBTCI Field Monitors' activity deliverables;
• Backstop DCOP in liaising with IBTCI Field Monitors in Istanbul and engage IBTCI Finance and Administration on daily routine issues in Amman, Istanbul, and the US;
• Assist DCOP in keeping track of monitoring of activities and verification of output deadlines of monthly awards, through maintaining and updating a database/activity scheduling tool (GANTT chart, Microsoft Projects tool, etc.);
• Assist DCOP, in initial review of M&V data and quality assurance, and support draft of progress reporting.
• Assist in translation into Arabic and the review of indicators (Sphere standards etc.) and as needed in training presentations translation into Arabic language
• Support maintenance and development of online database
• On the administrative side, help to ensure that all administrative tasks are completed, as requested by COP and DCOP
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 5 years of administrative level work
• Fluency in English and Arabic
• Previous experience working with online databases
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Travel: Possible travel to Istanbul, Turkey
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Jordan
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.