IBTCI is currently seeking a Recruiter Associate responsible for full-cycle recruiting for proposals and projects, with a focus on strategic recruitment positioning for IBTCI’s new business and active programs. The Recruitment Associate will work as part of the Recruitment Team and will work closely with technical and new business teams at IBTCI to find the best possible personnel that are compliant with donor and IBTCI policies and procedures for proposals and projects. This will be achieved by employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources and developing new, creative recruiting ideas. This position will be based in IBTCI’s Home Office located in Vienna, VA or IBTCI’s Washington, DC office.
Job Title: Recruitment Associate
Department/Location: Business Development
Reports To: VP, Business Development
Type: Regular Full-Time
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Source, screen, shortlist and recruit candidates and contribute to related personnel requirements for new business proposals and existing projects.
• Responsible for full life cycle recruiting in accordance with IBTCI policies.
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals by attending industry networking and career events to proactively recruit candidates.• Provide administrative support to the recruitment team
including assisting with maintaining recruitment unit files, accounts, trackers, templates and guides.
• Build consultant database and networks by uploading resumes generated from personal outreach and networking.
• Assist with the administration of the corporate applicant tracking system for the Business Development department.
• Maintain IBTCI’s table of general and specialized advertising sites/job boards.
• Prepare/format succinct resumes and bio-sketches and staffing tables for candidate presentation at the proposal/project level.
• Prepare and post job advertisements with input from project hiring managers and the recruitment team.
• Assist in process improvements including recruitment tools, templates, policies and procedures.
• Assist in updating the corporate recruitment tracker, ensuring it agrees with jobs posted on the IBTCI career webpage and external sites for all open project/proposal positions.
• Collaborate with the recruitment team to promote a culture of purpose and excellence in recruiting with the recruitment team and with all staff.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 1-3 years’ experience and/or familiarity with international development preferred.
• One year of international development recruitment experience with USAID and State Department recruitment experience preferred.
• Recruitment experience in one of more of IBTCI’s business lines (M&E, gender, knowledge management or capacity building highly preferred).
• Demonstrated experience engaging in multiple simultaneous recruiting and managing the entire recruitment cycle.
• Ability to prioritize and communicate clearly and professionally with internal and external clients and candidates, both verbally and in writing.
• Experience with e-recruitment or applicant tracking systems.
• Working knowledge of United States Government recruitment/EEO compliance issues preferred.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and databases.
• Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and within tight deadlines.
• Verbal and written fluency in the English language required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, international relations, development or related field. Graduate degree a plus.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Travel: Local travel only.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.