International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over 100 countries and implemented nearly 300 projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), Research and Learning across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, agriculture and food security, economic growth, education, environment, global health and humanitarian assistance.
Job Title: Director of Recruitment, Outreach and Diversity
Department/Location: Washington, D.C
Reports To: Home Office Program Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt level, managerial position
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a Director of Recruitment, Outreach, and Diversity for an upcoming USAID-funded Global Health Technical Professionals Program. The Program will serve as a primary entry point for junior and mid-level technical professionals who are new to USAID. The Program focuses on three key components, 1) Identify, recruit, place and support a pool of technical professionals (TPs); 2) Oversee and support the professional career development of the TPs, and 3) Conduct diversity outreach events and exchanges to serve all global health (GH) hiring mechanisms.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Identify, recruit, place, and support a pool of TPs; oversee and support the professional and career development of the TPs.
• Develop and implement a project-wide recruitment, outreach and diversity strategy to attract quality TPs.
• Incorporate and complement diversity efforts of other USAID offices currently engaged in diversity efforts as appropriate (e.g., Human Capital and Talent Management or others).
• Lead the program’s outreach and diversity efforts.
• Develop and maintain the work plan for communications, outreach, and diversity.
• Design, implement and manage diversity outreach events and exchanges to support program diversity objectives.
• Support other Global Health hiring mechanisms in achieving diversity goals through a variety of means, including but not limited to providing information to other Global Health hiring mechanisms and assist in referring candidates to other mechanisms, depending on qualifications and interests.
• Oversee the project’s communications, outreach and diversity staff.
• Ensure consistent hiring practices, comprehensive orientation and successful onboarding of TPs.
• Oversee the preparation of employment agreements for placement, negotiate terms and conditions.
• Prepare employment packages for COR approval.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Extensive experience in communications and outreach, with a focus on diversity and young professionals.
• Demonstrated work experience in developing communication work plans and conducting outreach events.
• Previous human resource experience a plus.
• Prior experience in financial management and/or negotiation desired.
• Ensure timely submittal of all deliverable.
• Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience in human resources/personnel specialist, as well as program management and conducting outreach activities required.
• Diverse experience working with donors, USAID desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized with exquisite attention to detail.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in communications or a related field a plus.
Working Environment: Typically completed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls, please. All candidates will be acknowledged; only final candidates will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.