International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over 100 countries and implemented nearly 300 projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), Research and Learning across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, agriculture and food security, economic growth, education, environment, global health and humanitarian assistance.
Job Title: Program Deputy Director/Head of Professional Development
Department/Location: Washington, D.C
Reports To: Home Office Program Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt level, managerial position
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a Program Deputy Director/Head of Professional Development for USAID’s Global Health Technical Professionals Program. The Program will serve as a primary entry point for junior and mid-level technical professionals who are new to USAID. The Program focuses on three key components, 1) Identify, recruit, place and support a pool of technical health professionals (TPs); 2) Oversee and support the professional career development of the TPs; and 3) Conduct diversity initiative outreach events and exchanges to serve all global health (GH) hiring mechanisms.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Ensure maximum recruitment of Technical Professionals by providing consistent hiring practices and a comprehensive orientation of Technical Professional (TP).
• Oversee professional and career development of Technical Professionals, including but not limited to the development of trackers, budgets and plans for professional development.
• Serve as a leader in developing and implementing strategies, annual work plans and budgets for recruitment and performance management.
• Develop and prepare employment agreements, negotiate terms and conditions for advisor placements.
• Prepare employment packages of Technical Professionals for COR approval.
• Serve as Program Director in the absence of the Program Director
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive background in financial management and negotiating employment contracts.
• Demonstrated experience working on donor funded programs and projects.
• Ensure all deliverables are met in a timely manner.
• Previous human resources experience a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years of diverse experience in human resources and/or project management.
• Extensive experience in human resource management and/or as a personnel specialist.
• Must be well versed in employment contract negotiation, hiring practices and recruitment.
• Diverse experience working with donors, USAID desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized with exquisite attention to detail.
Education: An advanced degree in project management, human resources or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.