International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over 100 countries and implemented nearly 300 projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), Research and Learning across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, agriculture and food security, economic growth, education, environment, global health and humanitarian assistance.
Job Title: Senior Survey Advisor
Department/Location: Washington, D.C Metropolitan Area
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a Senior Survey Advisor for the anticipated Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Learning and Evaluation Activity based in Zambia. The purpose of the Activity is to assess the effectiveness of the USAID SUN Technical Assistance (SUN-TA) Activity for improving the nutrition status of children under two years of age in 30 target districts in Zambia. The SUN Learning and Evaluation Activity will measure results at baseline, mid-line and end-line to assess changes in nutritional status of young children. In addition, the SUN Learning and Evaluation Activity will conduct focused research on interventions that have promising but limited evidence on improving nutritional outcomes and will carry out implementation science studies to determine high-impact intervention modalities in Zambia. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Design, manage and coordinate population-based surveys aimed to assess nutrition and other health outcomes among vulnerable population groups;
• Management oversight of local survey collection along with in country survey monitors and coordinators;
• Analyze and report on survey data collected for baseline, mid-line and end-line surveys;
• Ensure all deliverables are of high quality and completed in a timely manner in accordance to USAID guidelines as stipulated in the contract of the Activity;
• Serve as a liaison/primary point of contact between USAID and the evaluation team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive experience in the management and technical oversight of baseline, mid-line and end-line evaluation in developing countries, specifically in Sub-Saharan Africa;
• Experience as the lead methodologist to design population-based surveys and evaluations of public health interventions in developing countries;
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in developing sampling strategies for complex surveys for health and nutrition programs;
• Extensive experience with the design and development of quantitative survey instruments
• Excellent analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative) and particularly well-versed in independently conducting multivariate data analysis employing an array of statistical tests;
• Previous evaluation experience of USAID-funded health program activities and other donors in sub-Saharan Africa, particularly in Nutrition; Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent Health (RMNCAH); Malaria; Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs.
• Minimum of 10-15 years of diverse and progressive experience in the successful design and conduct of complex surveys for health and nutrition programs implemented in low-resource settings;
• Proven track record for methodological rigor and analytical skills across various health and nutrition studies;
• Diverse experience as the lead point of contact with donors of health and nutrition programs;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Education: An advanced degree in public health, nutrition, statistics, social science or related field. PhD preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs. Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: The candidate is required to travel as required by the contract (likely 25-30%, to be confirmed).
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.