International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Department/Location: Addis, Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID Supporting the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) in Ethiopia to Improve Health Outcomes Activity. The anticipated period of performance is 5 years with an estimated start date of December, 2018. Ethiopian nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and oversight of the project in the absence of the Chief of Party.
• Coordinate various technical experts and align them to all program activities.
• Provide subject matter expertise and technical guidance to the program, technical staff and administrators for the program.
• Provide analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider and resolve issues or problems.
• Lead and manage programmatic functions, including development of work plans, budgets and quarterly/annual reports.
• Prepare necessary project-related reports, presentations and white papers.
• Organize and facilitate project trainings, conferences, workshops and meetings.
• Supervise senior technical staff and provide guidance to mid and junior level staff members.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Significant progressive experience working in partnership with community-based organizations and other stakeholders in low-resource settings.
• Previous experience working with USG or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded projects.
• Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience working in fragile and/or conflict-prone areas preferred.
• At least 10 years of experience in implementing international development projects required.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in health management information system and applied research, including implementation and/or operational research.
• Proven ability to supervise and mentor staff.
• Ability and willingness to travel and spend significant time in fragile and/or conflict-prone areas required.
• Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s degree in public health, management, economics, international relations or related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.