Preferred Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
· Previous experience with US government and DoD projects and program management.
· Knowledge of African geopolitical issues, international relations and security concerns.
· Over three (3) years’ experience facilitating US and international activities, with US DoD related
· Excellent data presentation and visualization skills, organization and writing skills.
· Experience managing projects in Africa strongly desired.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing complex, multicultural projects.
Project Management Professional certification (PMP) or equivalent (e.g. FAC-PPM II, or DAWIA) required.
· Expertise briefing executive leadership and coordinating program efforts at a senior management
level, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with staff and program participants.
· Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/institution required in related field, Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel to and within Africa will be required.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. May need to be eligible for US Government Security Clearance.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.