Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to adhere to tight deadlines for conferences in a variety of African countries.
• Strict attention to detail in English and French.
• Experience planning and coordinating meetings and events in Africa and Washington, DC is essential.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French, with colleagues and stakeholders in multicultural environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability and willingness to work at all organizational levels.
• Demonstrated experience coordinating international travel, especially to Africa, and event location planning and execution.
Familiarity with Defense Travel System (DTS), Travel Regulations and Joint Federal Travel Regulations.
• Ability to be flexible and respond to new, different or unexpected conference requirements in African countries, and meets deadlines.
• Full proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Oral and written fluency in English and French required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree AND three-plus (3+) years of experience in event management, contract execution, vendor/services procurement conference planning and similar forms of logistical support required. 10+ years may be substituted for education.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment in addition to travel.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel probably required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.