International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Contract
Reports To: Chief of Party
Overview:IBTCI is seeking a local Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning expertise to lead all M&E activities, including M&E capacity building within the Mission and implementing partners, and learning and knowledge management throughout USAID/Vietnam’s programming. The DCOP will also support the Chief of Party (COP) in reporting requirements and day to day project administration. The DCOP position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project. The period of performance is expected to be from around early 2019 until early 2024.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical quality control over M&E related services, including reviewing proposed evaluation methodologies, implementing agency monitoring and reporting systems, and overseeing surveys.
• Provide leadership and guidance on the overall M&E effort, and in conjunction with the Learning Advisor, help make the Mission’s IPs learning and adaptive partners for all USAID’s assistance efforts in Vietnam
• Work with COP and Learning Advisor, ensuring that monitoring and evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in country
• Oversee the USAID/Vietnam’s staff in accessing strategic learning tools, as well as in providing guidance and support to the project’s evaluation services component including but not limited to monitor and evaluate activities to create knowledge mobilization, and knowledge management mechanisms
• Provide leadership and technical expertise to overall management of the project to ensure that the project meets all its performance and reporting requirements.
• Oversee the project’s operations and serve as Acting COP as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.