International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Monitoring, Verifications and Reporting Assistant II
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: MV&R Officer II
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring, Verifications and Reporting Assistant for its office in Nairobi, Kenya for work on the Somalia Program Support Services (SPSS) contract. This position will report to the MVR Technical Officer. This position is open to Kenya nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the development, updating and reviewing of MV&R tools for data collection.
• Support in managing proper tool/protocol application during data collection.
• Participate in testing new tools within the mobile data collection platforms.
• Contribute to the definition of data analysis techniques and protocols.
• Support in overseeing the preparation for Report Writers’ training – budgets, printing of materials, etc.
• Support in carrying out of the induction training of Report Writers on tools/protocols and MV&R processes in each round.
• Support in developing or modifying report writing templates where applicable.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Receive single verification outputs from MVR Officer II for assigning to the Report writers, second review and attaching of supporting documents.
• Support in tracking verification report writing, updating the team on progress and status throughout data collection.
• Support in managing the review of all completed verification reports from Report Writers.
• Support in managing files and folders for verification reporting.
• In collaboration with the MV&R Officer II, carry out spot-checks and re-interviews in the field.
• Conduct all MV&R reports’ second level reviews including collation and attachment of relevant support documentation.
• Document appropriately all reports for review by the Monitoring and Verification Technical Officer (MVTO) and sharing with IPs.
• Support in the tracking and updating of IP feedback on all verification reports.
• Manage the reporting dashboard including report titles and numbering, flags assigned, change of flags and preparation of final list of verifications.
• Support in coordination and preparation of MV&R key findings summaries.
• Participate in preparation/delivery of USAID quarterly presentations.
• On a routine basis participate in collecting, collating and reporting on internal lessons learned on MV&R reporting process.
Day‐to‐Day Operations of MV&R Training
• Manage information related to MV&R unit weekly reporting.
• Provide technical backstopping to the Report Writing Consultants.
• Participate in the training and coaching of Field Supervisors, team leaders and monitors on tools/protocols and MV&R processes on an ongoing basis.
• Support activities related to pre-deployment, deployment, post-deployment and reporting.
• Support the MVR Officer II, MVTO and Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) on ad hoc assignments as needed.
• Any other duties as assigned from time to time by line manager.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the Somalia cultural, political and geographical context.
• Proven ability to work well in small teams and with minimal supervision.
• Strict attention to detail.
• Well organized, self-starter.
• Minimum two years of experience in monitoring and evaluation with an international organization.
• Minimum two years working with databases and data management applications/platforms.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve on a continuous basis.
• Experience providing administrative support to teams, a proactive team player.
• Interpersonal skills and personal maturity, tact, courtesy, patience, adaptability, initiative, cooperativeness, and resourcefulness.
• Ability to work well in small teams and with minimal supervision.
• Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Information Technology, Humanities, Communication or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Kenya.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.